Board of Directors Meeting Dates:
January 17, 2018
February 28, 2018
March 21, 2018
April 18, 2018
May 9, 2018
June 20, 2018
July 18, 2018
August 15, 2018
September 12, 2018
October 17, 2018 (Annual Meeting is October 20, 2018)
November 14, 2018
December 12, 2018
All Board meetings are held from 1:00 pm to 3:00 p.m. at the Semiahmoo Resort Association Office, conference room (9001 Semiahmoo Parkway), unless otherwise specified. If you would like information regarding these meetings contact Debbie Smith, SRA Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: September/October dates may vary due to budgeting and the Annual Meeting. November and December dates vary for holidays .
Guidelines for Guests Attending Semiahmoo Resort Association (SRA) Board Meetings
- Monthly board meetings may be attended by any Semiahmoo property owner or legal representative.
- A schedule of dates for board meetings is posted on the SRA web site. Dates may also be obtained by calling the SRA office.
- Guests are welcome to attend as observers. Time will not be provided for any presentation if a guest only plans to observe. Materials distributed during the meeting are for Board members only.
- Guests must contact the SRA office by email email@example.com or by telephone (360-371-7796) no later than Friday before the upcoming Wednesday meeting if they wish to make a presentation. This will allow time to be scheduled on the agenda.
- Topics to be presented should be provided to the SRA office at the time of scheduling in order that information can be distributed to the board members in their meeting binders.
- Presentations must be limited to three (3) minutes. A questions and answer period will follow. The guest is free to leave afterward. If the guest chooses to stay for the board deliberations, he or she will not be allowed to participate in the proceedings unless the Board has a question of the guest.
- The Board of Directors may from time to time declare an “Executive Session” at which time guests attending will be excused from the meeting. This would happen if the Board were dealing with matters pertaining to certain personnel matters, or matters which would involve sensitive legal issues. All “Executive Sessions” will appear as the last item on any given agenda.
Approved by the Board of Directors on December 13, 2013.
The main functions of the Board of Directors are to:
- Conduct the business of the Association within the Articles of Incorporation; Bylaws; Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions; and the laws of the City, County and State
- Undertake Strategic Planning projects to ensure that our community continues to thrive while maintaining the unique ambiance we cherish.
- Develop and administer an annual budget
- Maintain common areas including gates, roads, street lights, beach stairs, park equipment, ponds, storm sewer systems and flower gardens at each neighborhood entry
- Advise and make recommendations to the Semiahmoo Company on mutual items of interest including selection of members to the Board
- Select members to the Architectural Standards Committee and oversee its work
- Levy and collect assessments
- Provide personnel policies and procedures for SRA employees including but not limited to employment, job descriptions, evaluation and compensation
- Select and monitor certain outside services such as auditor, street cleaning and storm sewer drain cleaning
- Any additional objectives the Board gives itself for any given year, including a time line and method to determine to what extent the objective is met.