WELCOME to the Semiahmoo Residents Association Environmental Committee’s Informational Website. Here you will find links to all kinds of helpful information. This includes information on how, what and where to recycle items, and dispose of yard waste, garbage and household hazardous wastes. Also, you can find where to buy recycled tools, building materials, home furnishings, and other items. You can learn about the latest environmental projects being worked on by our committee, as well as local, state and national environmental initiatives that can impact our daily lives. Finally, we are always on the lookout for new members and new issues to work on. Therefore, if you have a particular issue you would like us to look into or, better yet, if you would like to join us in addressing environmental issues that impact our daily lives here in Semiahmoo: Please email our the administrator at: email@example.com
Meet Your Environmental Committee
This Committee is answerable to the SRA Board, and its mission is to monitor activities and proposals of the SRA, HOAs, the City, residents, owners and contractors in order to preserve and enhance the Semiahmoo environment and provide a resource for our members- addressing the following but not limited to: air, water, aesthetics, energy, conservation, wildlife, cultural resources, health and safety of Semiahmoo and its surroundings. To learn more about our current members and the issues that are important to them, click here!
We would love to have more members with a passion for the environment, so if you are interested in joining us, please send an email to Lori Thorne at: firstname.lastname@example.org and she will give us your contact information."
Issues currently being worked on by our committee. If the bullet item is in bold italics, you can click on it to get more information.
- Updating undeveloped lot clearing standards
- Chemical use impacts and acceptable alternatives
- Water protection and water runoff issues
- Monitoring City of Blaine’s activities regarding land use and development around Semiahmoo
- Recommending the best plants for gardening and landscaping
- Monitoring the Westman Marine Site Cleanup
- Evaluating Additional Cleanup Sites Potentially Impacting Our Semiahmoo Community
Here is information that our Committee has already developed that you may find interesting and helpful. Just click on the subject to learn more!
- Recycling Cans/Glass, Paper and Cardboard
- Recycling or Disposal of Electronic Devices
- Yard & Food Waste Recycling
- Recycling Tools and Home Furnishings and Fixtures
- Recycling Clothes, Toys, Bicycles, etc.
- Home Composting
- Waste Disposal and Junk Removal
- Household Hazardous Waste
- Oil Spills Impacting Water In Our Area
- Compare Semiahmoo to Other Areas in Washington Regarding Environmental Issues
- Contaminated Sites Near US
- Articles on the Animals of Semiahmoo
- Recent Environmental Initiatives
- Managing and controlling dog waste
- Living with solar panels in Semiahmoo
- Useful information on land management and planting with native species